Monday, October 10, 2011

It's raining and am wet


6:30 pm 10-10-11
Even before I start writing this I am in confusion, about where I should have this published, might be soon I will decide but I have to write it now, which is for sure I am clear and not confused about.
I just completed Pallavi Aiyer’s Smoke and Mirrors: An Experience of China in tamizh though, as China Vilagum Thirai. It gave more information on many grounds, finally it was a good read and I dint like me changing my decision to read author’s original version first instead of translated ones for atleast languages I know, so I am ordering a new English version now.
The time I finished the book it was 4’o clock outside, but dark and damp, it was drizzling and by the time in went to my side doors it was a raining. Just said a ‘hi’ to my angry grandfather and went to the terrace to play with the small rubber ball I found in my home. By the time I removed my t-shirt I changed my decision, wore it again, took the vehicle key and went for a ride.
Destination was simple, a lake nearby. I am getting wet like this after 2 years literally, sad part. There were bigger rains but I was not able to get wet, today I felt the shackles break loose again. Whatttta feel! I have crossed that small lake many times but never offered my time as it was not that impressive for my eyes, but today it was simply my ocean which I have never seen during rains. I felt the urge for a swim, though I just sat at the wooden plank on the edges of the lake where small paddling boats were tied dipping my leg in the warm water as I was afraid of the thorns and unknown things inside that pale green water.
I sat there thinking how an ocean would look like, I always wanted to go with the fishermen into the ocean atleast once, yet never got to do it. Made my plans to Lakshadweep with Syatchi ofcourse. There were 4 small unknown birds for me on to the right side of me dipping in water searching their meal and also playing in the rain. I was changing my view from the lake to the birds, birds to the lake while thinking how great it is to wander in the wild like an all other animals and wishing fo heavy drop of rains, which eventually did happen.
As I was playing with the life saving tube in the water there was something moving slowly away from my leg, long, smooth, elegantly shining in the rain, yes, it was a snake! I was just seeing it and laughing for few seconds before I took my legs out of water and was continuing my laugh. Sat there for some more time and got up to check out my school, before which the lakeshore shop lady’s kinetic Honda did not start coz of the rain and I was their saviour, after a hundred kicks the wonder piece of iron got its piston moving up and down continuously and the lady was in all smiles like me. The hero moved on after kicking his own vehicle too.
Newly painted school was looking nice, first time I am going alone to that place, with just drizzling by now the wet ground and walls were telling thousand stories, the only things that were fresher like the plants and trees around it. Rainy days have always been a great enjoyment for us during school days, being the seniors in the school, vacating students, helping them cross the newly flowing rivers where our school vans usually gets stuck, and that few seconds where I will be able to hold my girl, where that single pressure of hand means the world and now we are planets apart, wow! Whattta journey I have made in just few minutes. I want to talk with her now, will call her after this, lets see if she talks with the same feelings or just usual official broken up talks.
Home sweet home welcomed me with angry grandfather going alone just because I was to drop him, sister suffering from some allergy, mom with her usual tensions for her dad and grandfather with all his smile on face and me running to bathroom to bath after two days, so that’s the reason rain had come down to pour on me!

1 comment: